Risk Assessor/Environmental Impact Specialist
Position Title: Risk Assessor/Environmental Impact Specialist
Number of positions: 1
Job Location: 200-1 Raymond Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1A2
Job Type: Full-time
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by February 4, 2019.
Duties and responsibilities: Qualifications and experience
Geofirma Engineering Ltd. is looking to fill a full-time senior/intermediate level position for a Risk Assessor / Environmental Impact Specialist. The knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job are usually obtained through completion of a B.Sc./M.Sc.in Biology with considerable professional experience. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities will also be considered. The successful candidate will primarily fill a supervisory and professional role with the business development responsibilities.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of proposals for Environmental Impact Statements and Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessments projects.
- Conduct or supervision of the preparation of Environmental Impact Statements, including use of ecological data collection methodologies, aquatic and terrestrial species identification and habitat assessment and air photo interpretation.
- Preparation of Human Health and/or Ecological Risk Assessments of contaminated sites in accordance with federal and provincial agency guidance.
- Preparation of project deliverables, including report writing and supervising data tabulation and interpretation.
The minimum requirements for the successful candidate include:
- Post-secondary degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Technology, Ecosystem Management or equivalent
- A strong aptitude for self-learning and technological skills with a strong commitment to maintaining high quality work through accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possession of a valid Class 2 drivers license with a clean driving record
- Eligibility for Environmental Professional (EP)
Asset Qualifications, Certifications or Capabilities may include:
- Knowledge of current provincial and federal contaminated sites regulations, land use planning and occupational health and safety legislation
- Certified Wetland Evaluator and/or Southern Ontario Ecological Land Classification Certification
- Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol and/or Ontario Benthic Biomonitoring Network Certification
- Electrofishing Certification
- We have a great team doing interesting work
- Competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits and employer sponsored Group RRSP
- Company profit sharing opportunities
- Company ownership opportunities