Drill Site Supervisor
Position Title: Drill Site Supervisor
Number of positions: 2
Job Location: 200-1 Raymond Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1A2
Job Type: Contract
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Geofirma Engineering Ltd. is a 100% employee-owned environmental engineering consulting company with specialization in complex hydrogeology and geosciences. We strive to provide the highest quality of services to our clients and provide a dynamic work environment with competitive compensation to our employees. We are proud of our strong and long-standing relationships with many of our clients and our ISO 9001:20015 certification helps us to achieve this high level of quality.
Geofirma Engineering Ltd. is looking to hire two (2) contract Drill Site Supervisor positions to join the Geofirma Team. While Geofirma operates out of our Ottawa, Ontario office, the primary duties for these positions will be to provide field site supervision as part of geoscientific site investigation activities (South Bruce) near Teeswater, Ontario. Contract positions will run between 6 and 12 months duration starting August 2021. During intensive field activities, work will be scheduled as 12-hour day shifts for a two-week rotation. Alternate rotations can be discussed and may be considered.
The responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring work by Geofirma Team (including subcontractors) is completed in accordance with Geofirma’s project specific Work Plan, Quality Plan and Health, Safety and Environment Plan (HESP);
- Reporting directly to the Geofirma Project Manager and other Geofirma project staff to update on day to day site activities;
- Completion of daily reports to track overall progress and site inspections; and,
- Providing field support to other Team staff as required.
A good fit for this position will include:
- 5+ years of relevant experience completing drilling or construction site supervision;
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Construction Regulations (Green book);
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Valid First Aid training;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to work well in a team environment; and,
- Computer literacy is required. Working knowledge of MS Office.