Junior / Intermediate Geoscientist
Position Title: Junior / Intermediate Geoscientist
Number of positions: multiple
Job Location: 200-1 Raymond Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1A2
Job Type: Contract
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Geofirma Engineering Ltd. is a 100% employee-owned environmental engineering consulting company with specialization in complex hydrogeology and geosciences. We strive to provide the highest quality of services to our clients and provide a dynamic work environment with competitive compensation to our employees. We are proud of our strong and long-standing relationships with many of our clients and our ISO 9001:20015 certification helps us to achieve this high level of quality.
Geofirma Engineering Ltd. is looking to hire multiple contract geoscientist positions to join the Geofirma Team. While Geofirma operates out of our Ottawa, Ontario office, the primary duties for these positions will be to provide field support as part of geoscientific site investigation activities (South Bruce) near Teeswater, Ontario. Contract positions will run between 6 and 12 months duration starting April 2021. During intensive field activities, work will be scheduled as 12-hour shifts (day or night) for a two-week rotation. Alternate rotations can be discussed and may be considered.
The responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with core photography using leading edge 3D core scanner equipment;
- Core sampling and preservation for laboratory analysis;
- Providing field support to the drill site supervisor and other Team staff as required;
- Collecting groundwater and drilling fluid samples during drilling operations and completing on-site geochemical testing; and,
- Preparation of project deliverables, including report writing, data tabulation and interpretation, and figure preparation using WellCAD, AutoCAD and/or GIS software.
A good fit for this position will include:
- B.Sc. (Geology, Earth Science, Engineering) degree or Geological Technician’s diploma with equivalent experience;
- 2+ years of relevant experience completing field work in geoscience;
- Experience with geochemical sampling and testing;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to work well in a team environment;
- Computer literacy is required. Working knowledge of the MS Office, industry-standard digital logging and database entry; and,.
- While not mandatory, the following are considered assets: valid driver’s license and valid First Aid training.